Visit Italy – The DON'Ts of Visiting Italy
What You Shouldn’t Do When You Are in Italy
Visiting Italy is an amazing experience whether you are seeing the Roman ruins throughout the country in places like Rome or Naples, but for all the amazing things you should do in Italy (visit Venice, Florence, Rome, Ravenna, Amalfi Coast, eat until you explode) there are things you DON’T DO when you come to Italy & Here are our 12 things NOT TO DO in Italy when you are traveling Italy.
The Don’ts of Italy
- 1. Don’t expect to get discount prices on fancy Italian luxury brands.
- 2. Don’t eat near tourist sights. You will be ripped off and not get as good of Italian food as you would away from the tourist sights.
- 3. Don’t Tip. They already charge you for service.
- 4. You Don’t have to scream louder to get people to understand you.
- 5. Don’t worry about overdressing, the Italians will always look better than you.
- 6. Don’t just visit Rome and Venice, there is so much more to Italy.
- 7. Don’t share your pizza and make sure you do eat it with your fork and knife.
- 8. Don’t use the fast trains for short distances, they are not worth the significantly higher prices.
- 9. Don’t expect to see spaghetti and meatballs on the menu TOGETHER. They will be there separately, but not together.
- 10. Don’t expect a big breakfast in Italy. Just coffee and a cookie.
- 11. Don’t overpack. You will be limited on space when traveling in Italy so pack accordingly.
- 12. Don’t expect to be served food in a restaurant between 3pm and 7pm.
Filmed in Vicenza, Italy Copyright Mark Wolters 2016